All-Natural Dog Treat Recipe
Truman loves to eat, and I’m always up for fun new things to try, so this weekend I baked him some all-natural dog treats. As Truman gets older (he’s 9 already!) I am trying to be more careful with what he eats that it’s the best possible stuff I can feed him to keep him healthy. I’m much more comfortable with these than the super hard store bought kind, and he loved them!
Apple Peanut Butter Dog Treats
1 cup of applesauce
1/2 cup peanut butter (I used creamy so the treats would be a smooth cookie look)
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp baking soda
2 3/4 cups flour (whole wheat flour, white flour, or even oats if your dog is wheat intolerant)
1/4 cup peanut butter
1-2 tbsp coconut oil (or bacon grease, or other oil)
- Preheat your oven to 350
- Mix everything together in a bowl, adding the flour in slowly at the end. You may have to add more flower if your dough is stick or not firm enough, it can depend on the consistency of your applesauce and peanut butter how much flour you need.
- Roll out your dough and cut into shapes with a bone cookie cutter (turns out so adorable) or just form them into small round cookies
- Bake for about 15 minutes
- Make your glaze by mixing about 1/4 cup peanut butter with 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil. If you don’t have coconut oil you can use bacon grease, or vegetable oil.
- Let the treats cool and then drizzle the glaze over the top
And it’s that easy! They are an awesome soft and chewy texture. Truman loves them. I even tried the pre-glazed biscuit to see how they were and they’re actually pretty good. I keep mine in the fridge, but you can freeze half your batch or whatever you won’t be able to use in a week or two.
Post a Comment