Banana Cream Pie Cheesecake
I usually make my nest cupcakes for Easter but this year I wanted to try something new. My dad loves banana pudding with vanilla wafers, and this tastes amazing! It was pretty simple to make and only a few ingredients.
BANANA CREAM PIE CHEESECAKE
Write a review
- 17-20 vanilla wafers
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large ripe bananas, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed vanilla wafers
- For garnish- whipped topping, vanilla wafers, (optional) toasted pecans
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350. Grease or Pam-spray a 9 inch springform pan. Stir together the first two ingredients and then press into the bottom of the pan. Stand approximately 17 vanilla wafers around the edge of the pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Cool.
- 2. While your crust is cooling, combine the bananas and lemon juice in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar and cook over medium-high heat for about a minute or until the sugar has dissolved.
- 3. Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer 3 minutes or until smooth. Gradually add granulated sugar, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Gently stir banana mixture into cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45 to 55 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove cheesecake from oven; gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake to loosen. Sprinkle top of cheesecake with coarsely crushed wafers. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 8 hours.
- You can make a healthier version by using low fat cream cheese and sugar free whipped topping. It still tastes great!
- Get link
- Other Apps
Labels: Andrea Plunkett Household
Post a Comment